Hey! This is the internet. A place where people all over the world can get together, share ideas, network, and make friends. Unfortunately, it does come with a darker side that I can’t leave unaddressed. Therefore, I reserve the right to block or delete comments or commenters out of respect for our community.
Please Add to the Conversation
I want this blog to be a place where you can easily share your ideas and add to the conversation on the topic. I long to hear from you! I am also open to constructive criticism if you disagree with what I am sharing. I am not against dissenting opinions; in fact, listening to those opinions helps us all grow as professionals. But there is a fine line between constructive criticism and just being a jerk; jerkiness will not be allowed on this website.
The Proper Way to Comment
- Use your real name and email address
- Read the entire article before commenting
- Reply to comments along a similar thought stream – network – make friends
- Add to the conversation with a new comment thread
- I never mind a laugh – drop a funny joke or line
Treat Everyone with Respect
There is no place in this world for ugly, nasty, or hurtful remarks. If you want your comment to appear on The Safety Geek, then be respectful to fellow commenters and to the authors. Here is a list of things I will not tolerate; this list is in no way complete, as trolls always find a way in, but you get the idea.
- No Spam
- Foul Language cannot be directed to personally attack another person, place, or business. Yes, you will see some offensive language in my writing – but, hey – this place is meant to be read by adults; there are no children in safety management.
- No derogatory or inflammatory comments
- No racist or obscene ugliness
- No off-topic rants
- No violations of copyright
- No links to your website
- No links or promotions to sell a product, service, or what not
Some Specific Comment Guidelines to Keep in Mind:
- All rights reserved: For any comment, I reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark it as spam. I also reserve the right to block any IP address that violates this comment policy from commenting, subscribing, or accessing The Safety Geek.
- Links: If you must include a link in your comment, please be aware that your comment may not be approved for posting. Relevant links that contribute to the conversation need to be approved. Obvious attempts to promote your business, gain backlinks, traffic, or other types of self-promotion are not allowed.
- Liability: By posting a comment, you agree that your contribution is your own and that you take responsibility for it. You agree to hold The Safety Geek, BL Creations, all post authors, and other commenters harmless.
- Copyright: If I receive authentic notice that a comment is in violation of anyone’s copyrighted information, the comment will be deleted and the commenter may be blocked from posting comments in the future.
- Spam: Don’t do it. Any comment deemed as spam will be deleted and marked as spam. If you repeatedly post spam, your IP address may be blacklisted from accessing The Safety Geek.
- Gravatar: A photo next to your comment is nice and gains credibility to your discussion. Consider signing up for Gravatar. Your comment may be approved faster, too.
- Privacy: You need to provide an authentic, verified email address to post a comment and receive comment subscriptions. I will never publish your personal information on the blog. Accordingly, do not share private information within your comment. I will delete phone numbers, email addresses, or any other private or personal information I find to protect the affected party. This is not the place to exchange contact information with other visitors.
- Patience: If you follow this comment policy, your comment should be posted. Please be patient while I moderate the conversations to ensure the best experiences for the site visitors.